Beech Grove Primary School
School Admission Information
Admission to Nursery
We are registered as having places in our Nursery for 39 children each morning and 39 children each afternoon. Parents who wish to register their child for a place in the Nursery should contact the school office. Children are admitted as soon as a place is available in the term after their third birthday. When a session has been filled children’s names will be kept on a waiting list and parents will be informed as soon as a place becomes available. One of our Nursery staff will contact you to explain the times for the session and the Nursery routines, when your child is due to start.
Admission to School
Beech Grove Primary School serves an admission zone, which includes the Beechwood/Grove Hill Estates. Children whose fifth birthday falls between 1st September and 31st August are admitted at the beginning of the autumn term in September.
The school uses the Local Authority’s admission policy and our admission number is 68.
If the school is over subscribed the LA will allocate places with the following priority criteria:
1. Children living in the admission zone defined for the school.
2. Children who have an older brother or sister attending the school.
3. Children who have genuine social / medical reasons for attending our school
4. Children who have special educational needs that require them to attend our school.
5. Children who live closest to the school measured by the shortest convenient walking distance.
Please click on the link below to see additional information about school admissions.